Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Fluff of Rocky Roads


Look at this goodness. This fluffy, yet chocolatey goodness.

I got up and remembered that it was the last day of classes before exams. I pulled my curtains open and this is what I saw. Soo much smog!

Anyways...last night, I had made rocky road candies and ohhh my goodness...the smell...it was like inhaling winter coziness.

I left these babies in the fridge last night

 ...and this is what I got when I woke up.
You should actually make these though. No regrets! They're basically a better version of peanut butter cups, and I love those things. if these photos aren't convincing enough, then I'm not sure what is.


 Look at this perfection. If you like peanut butter cups, then you will love these. An accent of fluffy goodness in each bite. Go, go go!

Here is the recipe. It's really simple. Add or take away any amounts based on your taste.
  • 1 & 3/4 cups of chocolate chips
  • 3 & 3/4 cups of mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup of peanut butter (chunky if you'd like)
     So how's here we do it: Makes an 8x8 pan, takes about 25 minutes, plus 2 hours in the fridge.
  1. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Another option would be microwaving the chips.
  2. Stir in the peanut butter.
  3. You now have two options (or however many your creative mind makes up)
    1. You can pour half the chocolate into a greased 8x8 pan and spread the marshmallows out evenly; then pour the rest of the mixture over the marshmallows. This is what I did.
    2.  Or, you can stir the marshmallows into the chocolate peanut butter mixture and then pour it into the greased pan. Either way, both will taste amazing.
  4. Now, let these sit in the fridge for 2 hours. Take them out and then try not to indulge all that much...pass them around and share the joy! (Update: my friends ask me to make these whenever I tell them I'm making food. They were that good.)
Really though, everyone who got a piece at school loved them. Personally, they're a bit sweet for my taste, so feel free to alter these in any way! They're honestly such a fail-free recipe. I've seen some variations of Rocky Roads with a graham cracker dust crust, while others add bits of cereal for a crunch. 

To make these super pretty, you could double the amount of chocolate and not mix in the peanut butter for this: 
  • Layer 1: chocolate
  • Layer 2: graham cracker crust
  • Layer 3: melted peanut butter
  • Layer 4: marshmallows
  • Layer 5: chocolate
  • Layer 6: chopped peanuts 
Get your booty to the kitchen now! I need to go study for my exams now. Happy holidays!


Cheers!
       

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!I'm definitely going to try it!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read ©Perpetual Nomming. Hope you enjoyed the post!

© 2012-2013 Perpetual Nomming. All images & content are copyright protected. Powered by Blogger.
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com