I went across the river over the weekend and bought a bagful of avocados from the Avocado Lady. Her avocados are seriously the cheapest in all of Shanghai. New favorite food vendor.
Thank you, Avocado Lady, for allowing me to make the most delicious and healthy snack.
Half an avocado is one serving. Remember all the debate a few years back with nutritionis telling people avocados were bad for their health, and then telling people that they were actually good? WHFoods helps list healthy facts about avocados; you should go read it!. Here are three:
1. Avocados promotes a healthy heart.
2. Avocados contain anti-inflammatory benefits.
3. They promote blood sugar regulation.
Simple Avocado Snack Food.com
Recipe: Serves 2
1 ripe avocado
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
1. Slice the avocado down the long axis and remove the pit.
2. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and olive oil onto the avocados.
- One serving has 190kcal
- I also made this with cherry balsamic vinegar...best ever!
Follow me on: