Rise and shine...for those of you on the other side of the world. You may be able to tell from all my posts that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
But, ice cream for breakfast? Yes! It's über healthy, too. If you're a regular blog surfer, you probably have a good guess as to which one ingredient this is made of -- frozen bananas!
I'm yet to explore all the different varieties I could try with the ice cream.The few that I already have in mind are: nutella-peanut butter, blueberry, vanilla bean, and chocolate. Let me know if you try any different flavors!
What I really love about this breakfast is that it keeps me going for the entire morning. Two bananas is more than enough and is plenty to share. I was just feeling a bit selfish this morning (but I did share a few bites) so I ate most of it myself.
This is another recipe like this one that I've had a miserable experience with. The first time, I didn't slice up the bananas before freezing. Long story short, the banana didn't blend, so I let it thaw and ate it, which turned out to be ridiculously bitter. Anyone else have this happen to them?
If you're planning on making your lovely momma waffles or a tall stack of pancakes for Mother's Day, this would be a healthy alternative to the regular milk-based ice cream to put on top.
Hope you enjoy this very simple treat!
Healthy Cinnamon "Ice Cream"
2 bananas, sliced and frozen for at least 2 hours
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Add the sliced and frozen bananas to a food processor. Once creamy, add cinnamon and blend until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- I often like to keep many sliced bananas in the freezer. They come in handy for smoothies as well!
- Add a sweetener of choice if you'd like
- The longer you blend the bananas in the food processor, the fluffier your "ice cream" will be
- Pictured is homemade blueberry jam and cacao nibs.