Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lavender Earl Grey Tea


Yesterday, a classmate of mine announced it was Hump Day. How pleasant, right? I somehow thought it was Friday... As soon as I got home, I made a cup of soothing, yet revitalizing Earl Grey Tea infused with dried lavender blossoms. As the tea brewed, I cozied up in jammies and fuzzy socks.

Thankfully, tomorrow is Friday, and I'll finally be able to catch up on sleep.

However, I'm participating in my school's 30-Hour Famine (by World Vision) event so it will be a slow and hunger filled day. I guess fasting for 30 hours is compensating for the heaps of food I ate during Pi-Day today.


Every day, I take my meals and snacks so for granted. When do we ever desperately thinking about how we'll attain water to cook our meals, and to hydrate our bodies? My 6th year of the annual fast will still hold to be challenging, and I can already hear my tummy growling. Ah! I'm brainstorming my next meal already.



Although the photo has the recipe, here it is again:


Recipe for Lavender Earl Grey Tea: serves 1
  • 1 TBSP of loose Earl Grey tea
  • 1/2 tsp of dried lavender blossoms 
  • milk or heavy cream, to taste
  • sweetener, to taste
Directions:
  1. Boil water in a kettle.
  2. Add the loose tea and lavender blossoms to a tea strainer. Pour the boiled water into the teapot.
  3. Let the tea steep for 5 minutes. Pour the tea into a teacup (or your coziest mug) and add milk or heavy cream according to personal taste. Same goes for sugar (1-2 sugar cubes per cup).
  4. Now serve with a biscuit or tea dessert!
Note:
- These measurements are guidelines. It's always the best feeling to find what's best for you :)
- To sub in fresh lavender blossoms, up the amount to 1 tsp


These are the mugs from Etsy I was talking about in the 10 things I love Monday post




1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read ©Perpetual Nomming. Hope you enjoyed the post!

© 2012-2013 Perpetual Nomming. All images & content are copyright protected. Powered by Blogger.
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com